Our Sites may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our Sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. This Policy does not apply to websites and services that display or link to different privacy policies. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Websites and services co-branded with other partners of the Happy Point Group may display or link to a joint privacy statement or separate privacy statements of our partners in addition to our Policy.
The Happy Point Group is committed to ensure that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
By accessing the Sites, you hereby consent to the use of your information, including your personal information, in the manner described in this Policy. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you authorise the Happy Point Group to transmit your information outside of Singapore in the manner and for the purposes described in this Policy.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
If you are only browsing the Sites, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
We may also collect information about you such as:
(a) If you create a Happy Point Account - your username, password, your city of birth, your birthday, gender, nationality and mobile phone number.
(b) If you buy goods on the Happy Point website, at our physical stores, through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy, rewards you earn, and reward you redeem.
(c) If you use our Application - information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected.
(d) If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways, for example, by participating in our offers and rewards programs - demographics information, your comments, feedback, questions or suggestions, and information about subjects that may interest you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process, manage, administer, and/or facilitate any purchase, delivery, or use of Happy Point’s products and services, whether through the Happy Point website, our physical stores, the Happy Point mobile application, or our various programs.
- To process and/or administer any product or service-related inquiries, consultations, negotiations, orders, deliveries, warranties or provide customer support in relation to the purchase of our products, services, or other Site activities.
- To manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to the Sites, including the Happy Point website account and/or your Happy Point mobile application, such as remembering your account preferences, purchase history and making of payments online;
- To create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through the Happy Point website account and/or your Happy Point mobile application, physical stores, or our programs.
- To communicate with you by post, telephone, email, SMS, and/or through your Happy Point website account and/or your Happy Point mobile application (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
- To communicate with you by post, telephone, email, SMS, social media and engagement platforms, and/or through your Happy Point website account and/or your Happy Point mobile application (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
As a Happy Point member, you have the option of opting in to receive marketing messages and material from us. If you have opted-in, we may use the personal information that you have provided to us to send you marketing promotions / offers and exclusive member events by post, telephone, email, SMS and/or through your Happy Point Account and/or the Application (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes.
We may also share or disclose your personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with law or to respond to legal or regulatory processes or lawful requests, including enquiries from governmental and regulatory agencies.
- To protect the rights, property, reputation, safety or security of the Happy Point Group, our employees, agents, customers, and others.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information that is provided to us is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of personal information that you have provided to us.
In the event the Happy Point Group provides and/or transfers any data that it collects from you to any agent, contractor or third party service provider, or to any entities within the Happy Point Group located outside of Singapore, the Happy Point Group confirms that any of the above-mentioned parties to whom your personal data is disclosed or transferred are or shall be bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide a standard of protection to personal data comparable to the standard of protection as set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and the Happy Point Group will use its best endeavours to ensure that each such party maintains appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect your personal data against tampering and unauthorized access by third parties.
While the Happy Point Group uses reasonable efforts to protect personal data in its possession or under its control, the transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network may be subject to loss, interception and misuse.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Sites.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Updates to the Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will post the new Policy on the Sites and change the date at the top of the Policy.